Whether you’re looking for somewhere to eat, stay, or hire a bike near the Clay Trails, you'll find details of all sorts of facilities nearby.
Places to eat
- The Eden Project has a number of cafes serving a range of locally sourced food. Eden Coffee House serves light food and is situated in the visitor centre (outside the pay perimeter), so is available to those using the Clay Trails. Eden Project café in White River Place is in St Austell town centre, serving food and refreshments.
- Knightor Winery is located near to the Eden to Wheal Martyn Trail and the Eden to Bugle Trail. It serves food, wine and refreshments.
- Wheal Martyn Cafe is located on the Wheal Martyn Trails
- Sawles Arms is located near Wheal Martyn
- Innis Inn serves a choice of real ales and is open for food daily. It is located on the Eden to Bugle Trail
- Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant and Spa Par
- The Cornwall Hotel and Spa
- The Carclaze restaurant and the Premier Inn are located approximately half way between Eden Project and Wheal Martyn on the Eden to Wheal Martyn Trail
- The Bugle Inn, is near to the start/finish of the Eden to Bugle Trail.
- Snowlands Fishery, Par provides a place to stop for refreshments on the Par Beach to Eden Trail.
- Mimi's Vintage Diner, Authentic American Diner located in Bugle
Places to stay
- Rescorla Farm House Rescorla. This B&B actively welcomes users of the clay trails. The owners are very knowledgeable about the local area; they can recommend walks and cycle rides and even arrange for bike hire for their guests. There is a picturesque circular walk that passes through the village of Rescorla and also links to the Eden to Bugle Trail.
- Tonkins Row, St Austell. This B&B actively welcomes users of the clay trails. The owners are very knowledgeable about walks in the local area. There are two walks that start from Tonkins Row which take you into the heart of the clay area and they both join up with the Eden to Wheal Martyn Trail.
- Innis Inn Campsite and B&B, Innis Downs, St Austell, is located on the Eden to Bugle Trail. The owners actively welcome users of the clay trails. They have electric bikes for use by their guests or they can arrange bike hire.
- Boslowen B&B, Par, is found on the Par Beach to Eden Project Trail. The owners of this B&B actively welcome walkers and cyclists. They are also extremely knowledgeable about the local area.
- Cornhill Farm Cottages is situated on the Par Beach to Eden Project Trail.
- Eden's Yard Backpackers has comfortable mixed dorm accommodation a short walk from the Eden Project.
- YHA Eden Project is based on the Eden site itself, offering accommodation in re-used shipping containers, plus summer camping.
Other accommodation in the area
- Providence Farm B&B, Carthew
- Woodpeckers B&B,Tregrehan
- The Chapel Guest House, Carthew
- Little Grey Cottage B&B, Tregrehan
- The Cornwall Hotel and Spa, between St Austell and Pentewan
- Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant and Spa, Par
- Gemstones B&B, St Austell
- The Waterwheel Inn, Trethowel
Cornish Traditional Cottages: website dedicated to providing quality self catering holiday accommodation to rent in exceptional locations throughout Cornwall; with over 49 years experience and over 250 hand-picked and personally inspected properties.
- Pavé Velo in St Austell offer the complete cycle hire experience catering for everyone's cycle hire needs. They have a superb selection of standard and electric bikes, as well as all the necessary accessories. There is even a cycling-themed cafe to keep you refreshed before or after your ride.
- Pentewan Cycle Hire, Pentewan
- Resource Bike Hire, Bodmin. Week long bike hire from a Cornish social enterprise
- Axcess electric bikes, electric bike hire in Bugle 01726 850241
- Go By Cycle can deliver all levels of bikes from family to specialist touring bikes across Cornwall including to the Clay Trials. Single day, weekly or longer hire for any size party including large groups.